In response to the Governor’s Proclamation on January 7, 2021, the South Iowa Cedar League (SICL) administrators adopted the following protocols from January 8 to February 6, 2021. Please support our efforts to follow the new state guidelines to the best of our ability. Spectators who do not abide by the protocols will be given one opportunity to follow expectations. If further correction is needed, the spectator in question will be asked to immediately leave school property.
If a spectator, at a home or away event, refuses to leave an event when first asked or becomes noncompliant, they will be banned from all school-sponsored events (home and away) for a minimum period of 14 calendar days.
● All spectators above the age of 2 must wear a mask. Masks are required at all times during the event except when actively consuming food. Masks are not required for athletes during active competition or active warm-up for competition. Masks are required for athletes while seated on the bench.
Spectator Limits and Seating
● There are no spectator limits. Spectators will no longer be required to show a voucher to gain entry. All spectators will be expected to follow state guidelines regarding social distancing. According to the Governor’s proclamation, social distancing is defined as 6 feet of physical distance between each group of spectators.
● Due to social distancing requirements, seating will be limited to every other row.
● Seating will be limited and may fill up quickly. Overflow seating for varsity basketball games will be accommodated by seating available in the auditorium with the varsity game being shown on Live Stream.
Food and Drink
● Food and Drink consumption will be limited to the cafeteria and hallways. Food and drink consumption will not be allowed in the gymnasium or auditorium.
● Due to the late notice of the increased capacity for sporting events, our full concession stand will not be available tonight. We will have a limited concession stand available tonight with pizza, hot dogs, popcorn, candy, soda, and water. We look forward to our full concession stand with more options available at upcoming games.