If your child turns 4 years of age on or before September 15, 2021, they are eligible for preschool this fall. Our four-year-old preschool program is free of charge and runs half days Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. There is a morning session from 8:15am to 11:15am and an afternoon session from 12:30 to 3:30pm. Students are assigned to a session based on transportation and child care needs.
To pre-register your child for four-year-old preschool, please plan to stop by the North Mahaska Early Childhood building in the four-year-old preschool room located on the north side of the school, between 5:00 pm. and 6:00pm on Tuesday, April 20 to pick up a registration packet and pre register your child for four year old preschool. Please note masks are required for all school functions.
In order to enroll your child in preschool, we need the following information:
- Birth Certificate (Please bring a copy with you on April 20)
- Immunization Record (Please provide a copy prior to your child starting preschool)
- Completed Physical Form (Please provide a copy prior to your child starting preschool)
- Registration (Needs to be completed on-line this summer once NM’s registration opens up)
- Child Information Sheets (Please provide a copy prior to your child starting preschool)
A parent meeting for four year old preschool will be held in the fall. The date and time of the meeting will be sent later this fall following North Mahaska’s online registration. Communication will be sent to the address provided in the school’s online registration system.