If your child turns 4 years of age on or before September 15, 2022, they are eligible for preschool this fall. Our four-year-old preschool program is free of charge and runs half days. During the 2022-2023 school year preschool will be held Monday through Thursday. Students do not attend on Fridays. There is a morning session from 8:15 am to 11:15 am and an afternoon session from 12:30 to 3:30 pm. Students are assigned to a session based on transportation and child care needs. To pre-register your child for four-year-old preschool, please call the elementary office to request a registration packet and pre register your child for four year old preschool. In order to enroll your child in preschool, we need the following information:
- Birth Certificate (Please provide a copy prior to your child starting preschool)
- Immunization Record (Please provide a copy prior to your child starting preschool)
- Completed Physical Form (Please provide a copy prior to your child starting preschool)
- Official Registration (Needs to be completed on-line this summer once NM’s registration opens up)
- Child Information Sheets (Please provide a copy prior to your child starting preschool)
An Open House for incoming 4-year-old preschool students will be held on August 22, 2022 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. in the preschool room located in the North Mahaska Elementary School. We look forward to serving your child in a positive and engaging preschool environment with highly qualified staff!