The NM School Board and Administration will re-evaluate these guidelines at the October board meeting, but as of now through October 29, the following guidelines will be followed.
These guidelines listed below are currently in place in efforts to achieve the following goals:
- Keep students healthy and in school
- Allow students the opportunity to continue to participate in school events
- Continue to allow community involvement in school activities
- Help slow the spread of COVID.
We would ask for your cooperation in helping us meet our aforementioned goals by considering the following guidelines:
- If you have symptoms of Covid-19 or have been around someone with Covid-19 in the last 14 days please do not attend.
- Please make appropriate efforts to social distance (keeping a distance of greater than 6 feet from those around you). Those residing in the same household may sit together without social distancing.
- Face Coverings are required for all school events (both inside and outside the building) except in cases where you can maintain a distance of greater than 6 feet.
- Face Coverings may be removed for a short duration to consume food and beverages.
- Face Coverings are not required for children ages 3 and under.
- Student athletes are not required to wear face coverings during competition, but are required to wear face coverings while on the bench or the sideline.
- The number of spectators has not been limited at this time. Should the county positivity rate continue to increase as well as the number of Covid cases within the school, this may be subject to change.
- For the safety of others, those failing to comply with the spectator and participant guidelines may be asked to leave the school event.